The Virginia CHC Leadership Institute will be offering a unique Leadership Learning Program for both experienced and emerging leaders in Virginia CHCs. This page provides an introductory overview of the program.
There will be three in-person sessions and additional webinars in the action periods between. In-person sessions will be held:
- Wednesday, October 19th: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Wednesday, February 22nd: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Tuesday, June 6th: 1:00 – 5:00pm & Wednesday, June 7th: 8:30am – 5:00pm
A Responsive Program
The Association has developed the Leadership Learning Program in response to feedback and requests from Association members. The program will be delivered over a 9-month period from October 2016 through June 2017, concluding with a certificate of completion for each participant, and continuing education credit for clinicians completing selected activities. The program will be unique for its team focus, best practice content, and action learning format. Expected outcomes for participants include better team and organizational performance, as well as enhanced individual professional development.
The Leadership Learning Program will serve teams of leaders from Virginia CHCs. Each CHC is invited to send a team of experienced and emerging leaders from clinical care, administration, and the board. This team approach will allow CHCs to maximize learning and action within the organization.
Best Practice Content
Participating teams will learn and share best practices for addressing real problems and opportunities. Best practice content will be focused on leadership fundamentals, demonstrating value, clinical best practices, management best practices, and community best practices. Expert faculty will be engaged to deliver focused learning modules in each area.
Action Learning Format
Participating teams will be supported to both learn and take action.
- Learning Sessions. The format will include three onsite group learning events to be held in October 2016, February 2017, and June 2017.
- Learning Tracks. All participants will participate in core learning tracks on leadership fundamentals and demonstrating value. Participants may choose from additional learning tracks on clinical best practices, management best practices, and community best practices.
- Action Learning Project. During the ‘action periods’ between learning sessions, participating teams will be expected to apply what they have learned by implementing a team ‘capstone’ project in response to an actual challenge or opportunity. Each team will report on lessons learned from their capstone experience through a ‘teach-back’ presentation at the final learning session.
- Action Learning Supports. Each team will be supported with coaching and technical assistance from Association staff and CHS staff. Teams will also have access to an online learning portal with best practice knowledge and tools to support team learning and action.
As a result of participating in the 2016-17 Leadership Learning Program, participating teams will be better equipped to:
- Work individually and as a team as to help their CHC achieve its mission and goals;
- Demonstrate the value their CHC delivers to the community it serves;
- Lead implementation of best practices in the clinical setting, management setting, or community setting (depending on choice of learning track); and
- Manage their personal and professional growth as CHC leaders and team members.
There will be Continuing Education credits available for clinicians who participate in the Virginia CHC Leadership Institute sessions and webinars:
- CME credits for MD, DO, PA, NP
- Nursing credits
- Dental credits
- (Pending) Social Worker credits
Click here to learn more about the Continuing Education credits available for October 19th.