National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC)
NACHC’s Diabetes Change Package offers tools, strategies, and interventions for health centers to transform their diabetes-related care. It supports assessing and addressing body mass index (BMI) more effectively to prevent new-onset diabetes and promotes better HbA1c control in patients with diabetes to prevent complications.
As NACHC develops a portfolio of tools and resources to help health centers prevent and treat diabetes, this Change Package specifically focuses on a limited set of evidence-based interventions that health centers can readily and quickly implement.
This resource is available in 2 formats: a downloadable pdf and an online, self-paced learning module.
Healthy Together is a free lifestyle change program, launched by NACHC’s Quality Center. Supported through funds from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), this pilot is designed to improve the impact of diabetes prevention and control efforts with the unique use of technology and at-home patient care tools, in combination with lifestyle coaching offered by trained health center staff.
HITEQ (Health Information and Technology, Evaluation and Quality) Center
HRSA has funded the HITEQ (Health Information and Technology, Evaluation and Quality) Center to support health centers in full optimization of their EHR/HIT systems for continuous, data-driven quality improvement. The HITEQ Center is operated by a partnership of JSI and Westat.
Million Hearts® is a national initiative co-led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to prevent one million heart attacks and strokes within five years. It focuses on implementing a small set of evidence-based priorities and targets that can improve cardiovascular health for all. Learn more about the initiative and explore the priority areas below to get resources to help you take action.
- Hypertension Control Change Package: A listing of process improvements that outpatient clinical settings can implement as they seek optimal hypertension (HTN) control.
- Sign up for the Million Hearts® eUpdate: This bi-monthly newsletter features news, tools and science you can use.
- Million Hearts® Learning Lab: A bi-monthly learning series focused on cardiovascular disease prevention and management.
- COVID-19 Heart Health Messages: These resources spotlight the importance of heart health during COVID-19 by encouraging people to keep up with their regular heart health appointments and to seek emergency treatment when needed.
- The newly launched Live to the Beat campaign aims to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) among Black adults ages 35 to 54. Check out the partner toolkit here.
- Improving Blood Pressure Control for African Americans Roadmap: Focusing on the most impactful evidence-based interventions to improve hypertension outcomes and reduce disparities.
- Download the Choosing a Home Blood Pressure Monitor At-A-Glance Comparison Tool to learn more about validated home arm-cuff monitors.
- Join the Million Hearts® national SMBP Forum: A quarterly webinar hosted by NACHC. Connect with experts and hear from organizations implementing self-measured blood pressure monitoring (SMBP) across the country.
- Collaborative Care Models for Improving Hypertension Control Through SMBP Monitoring: This video discusses best practices used in health centers to improve use of SMBP.