Annual Reporting for PCMH 2023
Under the redesigned PCMH program, health centers will demonstrate annually that they continue to align with recognition requirements. The 2023 annual reporting requirements for PCMH recognition are outlined in the page below. Click here to go to NCQA website to learn more about Annual Reporting.
Notable changes in 2023
- PCMH and PCSP Annual Reporting Requirements for reporting period January 1–December 31, 2023, similar to the preceding reporting year.
- Updates in Standards and Guidelines Version 8 published July 2022 included:
- Policies and Procedures Section was restructured.
- Policies and Procedures added language regarding Corrective Action Plans.
- KM 09: Addition of Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity as required topics of data collection.
- KM 09: Added requirement that data be direct collection
- KM 10: Added requirement that data be direct collection
- CM 10: New elective criterion regarding person-driven outcomes
- Appendix 2 – Glossary: Added “Age as a Vulnerability”
- Click here to review updates in the NCQA PCMH FAQ
- Click here to view an abbreviated summary of the NCQA PCMH Annual Reporting Guidelines for 2023 (created by CHS).
- Click here to access NCQA video overview of the 2022 PCMH Annual Reporting Requirements. Please Note: The requirements for Annual Renewal in 2023 are similar to 2022, so this resource still provides a good overview for 2023. This resource will be updated when it becomes available from NCQA.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition Annual Reporting Preparation Guide For Reporting Year 2021
This guide (published by NCQA September 2020) will help you navigate the NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Annual Reporting process. It explains the process and how it compares to earning initial Recognition, and what you can show NCQA to demonstrate that your practice is still functioning as a PCMH.
This guide contains several tools that will help you stay on track to complete the Annual Reporting process:
- Annual Reporting Requirements Checklist
- Major Milestones and tasks for Annual Reporting Checklist
- Practice GAP Assessment and Improvement Checklist
Please Note: The requirements for Annual Renewal in 2023 have been updated. An update for this tool will be uploaded when it becomes available.
NCQA Annual Reporting Requirements 2023
Explore the document below for full details on the 2023 annual reporting requirements. NCQA annual reporting requirements will change year over year – updates will be available within six months before they are scheduled to take effect. Note that practices should submit the version of the annual reporting requirements that is of the same year as their renewal/anniversary date (e.g. If a practice is due in February 2023, they should report according to the 2023 requirements.)
Accepted Quality Measures
NCQA is moving to Standardized Measures for QI Annual Reporting in 2024. Clinics have the option of reporting customized QI measures in 2023.
Quality Measures Crosswalk
This document represents a crosswalk chart of the quality measures that NCQA will include in its PCMH recognition program. It provides a crosswalk among the measures that are used to support HEDIS reporting, as well as to support payment incentive programs such as MACRA. In addition, the chart identifies the measures that NCQA offers certification to vendors seeking validation that their quality measures reporting capabilities meet the CMS reporting specifications. This list will be updated periodically.